Mental Health Day
International Mental Health Day
On International Mental Health Day the Wellbeing Committee led by Ms Lloyd organised a day of Wellbeing activities. Ranging from early morning meditation before school in the Gym to random acts of kindness, we all benefited from the positive vibes around the school.
Ms Lloyd baked delicious cakes. Mr Ryan organised Wellbeing posters to be put up outside the library. We also had a lovely 20 minute walk for staff and students at lunchtime. Boxes of roses were delivered to each classroom thanks to the generosity of Dr Laffoy who was saying thanks to all the students (based on the Thanksgiving theme of the school Mass).
The 5 ways to improve your Wellbeing
This sheet was distributed to each student at the end of the day.
- Connect: Make time to connect with family and friends
- Active: Physical activity improves mental and physical wellbeing.
- Notice: Take time to notice what is actually happening and not always be in a rush. e.g. What was the picture on the wall?
- Keep Learning: Learning new things can boost your self-esteem and can help you to connect with others.
- Giving: An Act of Kindness and volunteering helps create a positive environment and a feeling of wellbeing.
Thanks to Ms Lloyd for masterminding the Wellbeing day and to everybody on the Wellbeing Committee. Thanks also to all the prefects and class reps who distributed the boxes of roses and all the students who made the posters.